Sydney Intergroup meets on the second Saturday of each month at 12 noon at the Reginald Murphy Community Centre, 19 Greenknowe St. Elizabeth Bay. The next meeting will be held on Saturday 10 June 2017.
All SLAA members are welcome to attend.
Intergroup’s activities are governed by its constitution, a copy of which is here. Information on its activities and the duties of Intergroup members is here, however here is a brief summary.
Services currently provided by Sydney Intergroup include:
- providing public liability insurance for meetings Australia-wide;
- maintaining SLAA’s Australian web site (slaa.org.au), which includes meeting lists, news and other resources for members, and provides an introduction to SLAA for Australians who fear they may suffer from sex and love addiction and for professionals;
- Subsidising the cost of literature imported from America
- Sydney phoneline;
- acting as a liaison with the public and responds to media inquiries; and
- appointing and funding the organising committees for conventions and retreats.
Group consciences are encouraged to discuss donating any surplus funds (over and above their prudent reserve) to Sydney Intergroup to help support these services.
All Sydney SLAA groups are encouraged to elect a Group Representative and have them attend as a conduit between their own meeting and Intergroup.